2017 Workshop Schedule
Please read Workshop Registration Policies below
November 16, 2017
Nov.16th will feature fast and quick Gift ideas for the Holidays. Any suggestions are welcome and even better if you would like to demo one e-mail or call me at email@example.com or 630-257-6769—Terri Karls.
December 14, 2017 (please note the date change due to the holiday)
Dec. will be our Holiday Celebration which is on Dec.14th at 7pm. We will be dying a silk scarf and we will have a BAKED POTATO BAR for dinner. There will be a $5.00 fee for this at time of sign up which will include your food and 1 scarf to dye. If you wish to make additional scarfs, it will be $5.00 for each scarf and you will need to prepay and preorder your scarfs so that we will have them for the Dec. meeting. Sara Hochhauser will be supplying the dyes and helping us dye the scarfs as well. We will have the signup sheet at the next meeting at our Programs Table.
May 18, 2018
Celine Perkins of Perkins Dry Goods will give a workshop entitled “Twist and Shout Tote” details to follow.
July 20, 2018
Annette Ornellas of Southwind Design will give a workshop entitled “Waves of Glory” details to follow.
August 17, 2018
Melinda Bula workshop – details to follow
September 21, 2018
Penny Sturges of Quilts Illustrated will present a bag workshop – details to follow.
October 19, 2018
Jacquie Gerine will give a workshop entitled “Creative Quilting with the Walking Foot” – details to follow
November 16, 2018
Karen Kay Buckley workshop – details to follow
Workshop Registration Policies
GUILD MEETING GUESTS: Non-members are subject to a “Guest Fee” of $10.
WORKSHOP COSTS: $50-Members, $60-Non-Members, plus the cost of a class kit if one is required. Fee includes lunch.
- Members can register for any workshop, at any time.
- Registration is open to non-members four months (120 days) prior to the workshop date.
- Payment is required to register for any workshop.
- Supply Lists are provided by the Programs Committee. It is the responsibility of the student to obtain a supply list and bring these items to the workshop.
In general, workshop fees are non-refundable unless the workshop is cancelled by the instructor or if an individual from the waiting list is able to attend or if you can find a replacement.
Workshops are mainly held at local area quilt shops.
- Please turn off cell phones!
- Arrive early enough to set up your sewing station so that the teacher may begin the class on time.
- Bring your own equipment—extension cords, surge protectors, cutting mats, etc. Irons and ironing boards are usually pre-arranged.
- When the teacher is demonstrating or speaking to the group, please STOP sewing and LISTEN. You may learn something you need to know.
- If lunch is not provided, return from lunch at the designated time so that the teacher can continue the workshop as planned.
- When the day is over, stop sewing when requested by the workshop facilitator so that the area can be returned as found. Clean up your own sewing station.