2017 Workshop Schedule
Please read Workshop Registration Policies below
June 9, 2017 Joyce Beenes – Techniques using a watermelon pattern.
Sign up today for Kimberbell Watermelon Table Topper. We are reducing the price to $35.00 (members) as Joyce Beenes is a local speaker and has given us a great negotiated price for her Trunk Show and Lecture. Workshop will be held at Thimbles in Lockport. If you need to borrow one of their machines you just need to let us know ahead of time. You do need a machine with a zigzag stitch. Kits are available or dig into your stash! Lunch is included in this great price. Joyce is a great teacher and is certified by Kimberbell. Bring a friend and join us on June 8th for the Trunk Show and on the 9th for the workshop.
August 18, 2017 Barbara Eikmeier – Back Basting by Machine
- Machine applique using a narrow zig-zag stitch on your machine – without freezer paper or fusible. Machine with an adjustable zig-zag stitch is necessary for this workshop. 12″x12″ block pictured here.
September 22, 2017 Tonya Phillips – Introduction to Wool Applique
October 20, 2017 Suzi Parron – Barn Quilt Painting
- We will be painting a 2×2 foot board which will be a part of a kit.
Workshop Registration Policies
GUILD MEETING GUESTS: Non-members are subject to a “Guest Fee” of $10.
WORKSHOP COSTS: $50-Members, $60-Non-Members, plus the cost of a class kit if one is required. Fee includes lunch.
- Members can register for any workshop, at any time.
- Registration is open to non-members four months (120 days) prior to the workshop date.
- Payment is required to register for any workshop.
- Supply Lists are provided by the Programs Committee. It is the responsibility of the student to obtain a supply list and bring these items to the workshop.
In general, workshop fees are non-refundable unless the workshop is cancelled by the instructor or if an individual from the waiting list is able to attend or if you can find a replacement.
Workshops are mainly held at local area quilt shops.
- Please turn off cell phones!
- Arrive early enough to set up your sewing station so that the teacher may begin the class on time.
- Bring your own equipment—extension cords, surge protectors, cutting mats, etc. Irons and ironing boards are usually pre-arranged.
- When the teacher is demonstrating or speaking to the group, please STOP sewing and LISTEN. You may learn something you need to know.
- If lunch is not provided, return from lunch at the designated time so that the teacher can continue the workshop as planned.
- When the day is over, stop sewing when requested by the workshop facilitator so that the area can be returned as found. Clean up your own sewing station.