2018 Workshop Schedule
Please read Workshop Registration Policies below
September 21, 2018
On Friday, September 21st, Penny will teach a workshop on her just-released pattern, “The Portfolio Tote”. The tote measures 20″ wide x 14″ tall and 5″ deep, big pockets on the outside, pockets all the way around inside, zipper closure along top of tote and a Turn Lock on outer pocket. (Penny will bring the Turn Locks for purchase in 3 different finishes.) We think you will be impressed with the quality of construction of this bag. Cost of the workshop is $50 for members and includes lunch. Cost of the pattern is $12.00. The workshop will take place at our meeting place, Zion Lutheran Church on Book Rd. Doors open at 9 am and the workshop begins at 9:30.
October 19, 2018
Jacquie Gering (www.jacquiegering.com) will present a lecture titled, “Quilting Modern, Honoring Tradition” on Thursday, October 18, 2018. The October 19th workshop will be “Creative Quilting with the Walking Foot” . Don’t miss the opportunity to learn or perfect this technique from a very skilled instructor. Cost of the workshop is $50 for members ($60 for non members) and includes lunch. The workshop will take place at our meeting place, Zion Lutheran Church on Book Rd. Doors open at 9 a.m. and the workshop begins at 9:30. Signups are being accepted now.
November 16, 2018
We are happy to have Karen Kay Buckley (www.karenkaybuckley.com) visit us in November. She will present a lecture, “To Border or Not to Border” on Thursday, November 15th at 7 p.m. Her workshop on Friday, November 16th will be “Circles Squared”. You will learn to make sharp points, smooth curves, perfect circles, straight and even stems and there is a little reverse appliqué for some added fun. The technique is a prepared edge method using an invisible stitch. Cost of the workshop is $50 for members ($60 for non members) and includes lunch. The workshop will take place at our meeting place, Zion Lutheran Church on Book Rd. Doors open at 9 a.m. and the workshop begins at 9:30. Signups will begin at the August meeting.
Workshop Registration Policies
GUILD MEETING GUESTS: Non-members are subject to a “Guest Fee” of $10.
WORKSHOP COSTS: $50-Members, $60-Non-Members, plus the cost of a class kit if one is required. Fee includes lunch.
- Members can register for any workshop, at any time.
- Registration is open to non-members four months (120 days) prior to the workshop date.
- Payment is required to register for any workshop.
- Supply Lists are provided by the Programs Committee. It is the responsibility of the student to obtain a supply list and bring these items to the workshop.
In general, workshop fees are non-refundable unless the workshop is cancelled by the instructor or if an individual from the waiting list is able to attend or if you can find a replacement.
Workshops are mainly held at local area quilt shops.
- Please turn off cell phones!
- Arrive early enough to set up your sewing station so that the teacher may begin the class on time.
- Bring your own equipment—extension cords, surge protectors, cutting mats, etc. Irons and ironing boards are usually pre-arranged.
- When the teacher is demonstrating or speaking to the group, please STOP sewing and LISTEN. You may learn something you need to know.
- If lunch is not provided, return from lunch at the designated time so that the teacher can continue the workshop as planned.
- When the day is over, stop sewing when requested by the workshop facilitator so that the area can be returned as found. Clean up your own sewing station.