2019 Workshop Schedule
Please read Workshop Registration Policies below
Friday, May 17, 2019 – Kevin the Quilter
Kevin will be teaching quilters how to use small scraps and “crumbs” of fabric to create a “Crazy Crumb Star” quilt. Below is a picture of what class participants will make. The cost of the workshop, including lunch, is $50 for members ($60 for non-members). The class will be held at Zion Lutheran Church from 9:00-4:00. For more info, contact Marion Bond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, July 19, 2019 – Bonnie McCaffery
On Friday, July 19, 2019, Bonnie will teach her 5 hour DoodleZenDotZ workshop. This class is TOO MUCH FUN! We will doodle some designs for bobbin embroidery and add color and texture with lots of DOTS of paint. It is sooo relaxing AND beautiful. See a video preview at https://youtu.be/RGebt17PV3M.
There are openings in Bonnie’s class at this time. The cost, which includes lunch, is $50 for POP members and $60 for non-members. A required $7 kit fee is payable to Bonnie during class. See our workshop policies below.
To Register, please contact Lynn Schiemann at email@example.com.
Friday, August 16, 2019 – Beth Hunter
A workshop will be presented called “Thread Play”.
Friday, September 20, 2019 – Toby Lischko
Workshop entitled “Northern Lights”, a beautiful kaleidoscope star quilt.
Friday, February 21, 2020 – Kathy Herbach
Kathy will present a workshop entitled “Beyond Basics Binding”.
Workshop Registration Policies
GUILD MEETING GUESTS: Non-members are subject to a “Guest Fee” of $10.
WORKSHOP COSTS: $50-Members, $60-Non-Members, plus the cost of a class kit if one is required. Fee includes lunch.
- Members can register for any workshop, at any time.
- Registration is open to non-members four months (120 days) prior to the workshop date.
- Payment is required to register for any workshop.
- Supply Lists are provided by the Programs Committee. It is the responsibility of the student to obtain a supply list and bring these items to the workshop.
In general, workshop fees are non-refundable unless the workshop is cancelled by the instructor or if an individual from the waiting list is able to attend or if you can find a replacement.
Workshops are mainly held at local area quilt shops.
- Please turn off cell phones!
- Arrive early enough to set up your sewing station so that the teacher may begin the class on time.
- Bring your own equipment—extension cords, surge protectors, cutting mats, etc. Irons and ironing boards are usually pre-arranged.
- When the teacher is demonstrating or speaking to the group, please STOP sewing and LISTEN. You may learn something you need to know.
- If lunch is not provided, return from lunch at the designated time so that the teacher can continue the workshop as planned.
- When the day is over, stop sewing when requested by the workshop facilitator so that the area can be returned as found. Clean up your own sewing station.