Pride of the Prairie Guild Block Exchange September 2020 to June 2021
Blocks: Churn Dash and Nine Patch
1. Each block will measure 6 ½” unfinished.
2. To make sure they are 6 ½” use a 6 ½” square ruler to square up each block.
3. All fabric must be quilt shop quality.
4. You are required each month to make two of each block. Total 4 blocks each month.
5. The blocks will be scrappy with low volume background.
Grand Total: 32 by June 2021
You still have time to join in the block exchange. Attached will be the original POP block exchange memo. The new exchange month will be June 2021.What is low volume? It is just fabric that has low color value. They are usually tiny prints and the background
of these prints are generally white, cream, or light gray.
Examples: white fabric with multi-colored dots, cream with tiny plus signs, off white with tiny florals, tone on tone white, creams, or grays, and shirtings. Solids can be used as long as the background fabric are whites, creams, or light gray.
We will collect the blocks at our June meeting. Please put all your completed blocks in a bag with your name and the number of blocks you are exchanging. The blocks will be distributed the following month to each participant. We should have enough blocks to
make table topper or runner.
Enjoy and what a fun remembrance we will have of this time period in our lives.
(To get instructions for the Churn Dash and Nine Patch, please go to our guild newsletter for May-June 2021)